Business Summit and Annual Meeting is one week away
Offering a very diverse agenda, the Business Summit will explore topics such as public pensions, higher education, workforce development, coal, tobacco, bourbon, and the 2015 Kentucky governor’s race.
“Over the past 10 years, the Kentucky Chamber’s Business Summit has become the most prominent, the most defining, issues conversation in the Commonwealth,” said Kentucky Chamber President and CEO Dave Adkisson. “These conversations are used to facilitate how we shape the course of our state.”
Speakers during the summit include:
- Ted Abernathy, Managing Partner, Economic Leadership LLC
- James Allen, CEO, Hilliard Lyons
- Matt Bevin, small business owner, entrepreneur, and GOP nominee for governor
- Spencer A. Coates, President, Houchen Industries, Inc.
- Jack Conway, Attorney General, Commonwealth of Kentucky, democratic nominee for governor
- Eric Gregory, President, Kentucky Distillers Association
- Gary L. Harbin, CPA, Executive Secretary, Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System
- Hugh Haydon, Chairman, Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.
- Hal Quinn, President and CEO, National Mining Association
- William Thielen, Executive Director, Kentucky Retirement Systems
- Gene Wilhoit, CEO, Center for Innovation in Education, University of Kentucky
Click here to view the Business Summit and Annual Meeting agenda.
The Annual Dinner will follow at the conclusion of the Business Summit and will feature David Gregory, renowned journalist and former moderator, NBC’s Meet the Press. Gregory will share his insights on national and state politics through his keynote address: A Look at the Obama Administration, Congress and Politics in America.