Kentucky Chamber PAC announces 2016 legislative candidate endorsements
The Kentucky Chamber Political Action Committee (PAC) announced Friday the endorsement of 26 legislative candidates.
State House and Senate race candidates who submitted answers to the Kentucky Chamber PAC’s 2016 Legislative Candidate Survey were considered for endorsement and both Republican and Democratic candidates have been endorsed.
Candidates selected by the Chamber PAC for endorsement have demonstrated their support for job growth and economic development, which will lead to a higher quality of life for the citizens of their districts and the Commonwealth.
Endorsements are based on the candidate’s understanding of business issues, past voting records, and answers to the Kentucky Chamber PAC’s 2016 Legislative Candidate Survey.
The following candidates have received the endorsement of the Kentucky Chamber PAC:
- H- 1 Steven Rudy (R-Paducah)
- H- 2 Richard Heath (R-Mayfield)
- H- 5 Kenny Imes (R-Murray)
- H- 7 Suzanne Miles (R-Owensboro)
- H-10 Dean Schamore (D-Hardinsburg)
- H-12 Jim Gooch (R-Providence)
- H-14 Tommy Thompson (D-Owensboro)
- H-19 Michael Meredith (R-Brownsville)
- H-20 Jody Richards (D-Bowling Green)
- H-25 Jim DuPlessis (R-Elizabethtown)
- H-27 Jeff Greer (D-Brandenburg)
- H-33 Jason Nemes (R-Louisville)
- H-39 Russ Meyer (D-Nicholasville)
- H-48 Ken Fleming (R-Louisville)
- H-50 Chad McCoy (R-Bardstown)
- H-53 James Tipton (R-Taylorsville)
- H-54 Daniel Elliott (R-Gravel Switch)
- H-62 Phillip Pratt (R-Georgetown)
- H-64 Kimberly Poore Moser (R-Taylor Mill)
- H-78 Tom McKee (D-Cynthiana)
- H-79 Susan Westrom (D-Lexington)
- H-99 Rocky Adkins (D-Sandy Hook)
- H-94 Frank Justice (R-Pikeville)
- S – 5 Stephen Meredith (R-Leitchfield)
- S- 17 Damon Thayer (R-Georgetown)
- S- 27 Stephen West (R-Paris)
Only candidates who submitted answers to the Chamber PAC’s survey can be considered for endorsement. The Kentucky Chamber PAC does not endorse in districts where there is no opposition to the candidate.
The Kentucky Chamber PAC is the independent political arm of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the largest broad-based business organization in Kentucky.