On Wednesday, the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce released its 2019 Legislative Agenda detailing the legislative priorities of the business community for the upcoming session of the Kentucky General Assembly.
The Chamber’s legislative agenda is developed by several policy councils comprised of members with final approval given by the Board of Directors.The Chamber aligns its legislative priorities to the Four Pillars for Prosperity publication, which focuses on issues that influence the state’s economy and creating a more competitive Kentucky. Areas of focus in the 2019 Legislative Agenda include:
- Invest in Kentucky’s Infrastructure
- Improve to Kentucky’s Tax Code
- Reform Kentucky’s Bail System
- Improve Legal Liability Climate
- Enact Sports Wagering
- Modernize Unemployment Insurance
- Ensure Affordable Energy Resources
- Implement Tobacco-Free Schools
- Encourage Competitive Business Climate to Motivate Broadband Deployment
These issues and more will be highlighted during the 2019 Kentucky Chamber Legislative Preview Conference to be held on December 3rd.
The full agenda can also be viewed below: