Kentucky Chamber releases full legislative agenda ahead of 2020 session
On Wednesday, the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce released its 2020 Legislative Agenda detailing the legislative priorities of the business community for the upcoming session of the Kentucky General Assembly.
The Chamber’s legislative agenda is developed by several policy councils comprised of member businesses with final approval given by the organization’s Board of Directors. The Chamber aligns its legislative priorities to the Four Pillars for Prosperity publication, which focuses on issues that influence the state’s economy and creating a more competitive Kentucky.
Areas of focus in the 2020 Legislative Agenda include:
- Investing in Kentucky’s Infrastructure
- Continuing Pension Reform
- Enacting Sports Wagering
- Curbing Tobacco Use
- Preparing Our Workforce
- Continuing Pro-Growth Tax Reform
- Reforming Kentucky’s Criminal Justice System
- Ensuring Patient Protection
- Allowing Principal Selection
- Improving Early Childhood Education
- Improving Kentucky’s Legal Liability Climate
These issues and more will be highlighted during the 2020 Kentucky Chamber Legislative Preview Conference to be held on December 16th.
Click here to download the full 2020 Legislative Agenda. The full agenda can also be viewed below: