Kentucky Chamber Hosted Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow Symposium
The Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation hosted Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow, a symposium highlighting the economic impact of accessible high-quality childcare.
“Today’s event began a very important discussion about how our state can improve the quality of our workforce,” said Kentucky Chamber President and CEO Dave Adkisson. “We must take an ‘all hands on deck’ approach when tackling our workforce challenges and examining how access to high-quality childcare fits into that approach will be beneficial for Kentucky.”
The Workforce of Today, Workforce of Tomorrow symposium explored the positive impacts access to quality childcare could have on Kentucky’s workforce, which would put Kentucky in a better position to compete and succeed in the global economy. Business leaders and policy experts lead discussions on ways the public and private sectors can work together to implement policies to build a better future for Kentucky.
The speakers for this symposium included:
• Dave Adkisson, President and CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
• Dr. Laura Jana, Author of The Toddler Brain
• Lucy Davidson, Manager, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Center for Education and Workforce
• Janice Urbanik, Executive Director, Partners for a Competitive Workforce
• Cory Curl, Associate Executive Director, The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
• Matt Gross, Policy Director, NC Child
• Tony Davis, President, Natchitoches Chamber of Commerce and Natchitoches Community Alliance Foundation, Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education District 4 Representative
• Julie H. Schmidt, Senior Director of External Affairs, Kentucky Education Television
• Sharon Votaw, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Lexmark International
• Twila Burdette, Child Development Center Director, Rockcastle Regional Hospital